The Forge is situated southeast of the chateau. It is a single story, two- winged building with gabled roof and T shaped ground plan.
This newer building, probably built while chateau modifications were undertaken circa 1843-1846, has retained its original brickwork without any major faults.
Its dingy appearance is amplified by falling plaster and a partially destroyed interior.
The Forge is a national heritage protected structure currently used for storage and a machine shop. It is not accessible to the public.